One of the best summer shot… Enjoy!
This grapefruit-centric oyster shooter recipe has a touch of smokiness, heat and effervescence that pairs with any oyster.
Makes: 2 shooters
- 2 ounces mezcal, a good one
- 1/2 grapefruit, freshly squeezed (~3 oz of juice)
- 1/2 lime, hand squeezed (~1/2 oz of juice)
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- Sea salt
- 2 slivers of Jalapeno pepper
- Club soda
- 2 perfectly shucked small oysters
- Fill a cocktail shaker two thirds full with ice, then add the mezcal, grapefruit juice, lime juice and agave nectar. Add a pinch of sea salt and optional Jalapeno slivers.
- Shake well and strain into two rocks glasses. Top with a splash of Club soda. You can add the Jalapeno slivers back in each glass, although I recommend discarding it.
- Serve each shooter with a perfectly shucked oyster, or two.